Designed to meet the specific training needs of undergraduate and graduate students, the SINTMOL Lab (or just LP4) at the Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS) provides a facility for research on the synthesis of organic compounds with special properties.
Major investigations currently conducted at the SINTMOL Lab (LP4) involve the following fields:
- Total synthesis of natural and bioactive compounds
- Structural transformation to modify or enhance the biological activities of natural products
- Use of biocatalysis to generate derivatives from natural and synthetic substrates (Green Chemistry)
- Synthesis of new polymers, surfactants, liquid crystals, biodiesel, and further products from abundant renewable raw materials—glycerol, cashew nut shell liquid (CNSL), vegetable oils, etc. (Green Chemistry)
- Diversity-oriented synthesis as a tool for the discovery of novel biologically active small molecules (Molecular Prospection)
- Search for new antimicrobials from fungi (Molecular Bioprospection)
- Production of antibiotics by fermentation
- C(sp2)-H bond activation/functionalization
- Chalcogenation of heterocyclic compounds
Institute of Chemistry of the Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul
Av. Senador Filinto Müller, 1555 – Vila Ipiranga, CEP: 79074-460 – Campo Grande – MS, Brazil.
Phone: +55 67 3345 3578