Designed to meet the specific training needs of undergraduate and graduate students, the SINTMOL Lab (or just LP4) at the Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS) provides a facility for research on the synthesis of organic compounds with special properties.
Major investigations currently conducted at the SINTMOL Lab (LP4) involve the following fields:
- Total synthesis of natural and bioactive compounds
- Structural transformation to modify or enhance the biological activities of natural products
- Use of biocatalysis to generate derivatives from natural and synthetic substrates (Green Chemistry)
- Synthesis of new polymers, surfactants, liquid crystals, biodiesel, and further products from abundant renewable raw materials—glycerol, cashew nut shell liquid (CNSL), vegetable oils, etc. (Green Chemistry)
- Diversity-oriented synthesis as a tool for the discovery of novel biologically active small molecules (Molecular Prospection)
- Search for new antimicrobials from fungi (Molecular Bioprospection)
- Production of antibiotics by fermentation
- C(sp2)-H bond activation/functionalization
- Chalcogenation of heterocyclic compounds
Interested in earning your master and/or PhD degree in the SINTMOL Lab? Join us!! Learn more about the INQUI Chemistry Graduate Program here.
Institute of Chemistry of the Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul
Av. Senador Filinto Müller, 1555 – Vila Ipiranga, CEP: 79074-460 – Campo Grande – MS, Brazil.
Phone: +55 67 3345 3578