Designed to meet the specific training needs of undergraduate and graduate students, the SINTMOL Lab (or just LP4) at the Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS) provides a facility for research on the synthesis of organic compounds with special properties.
Major investigations currently conducted at the SINTMOL Lab (LP4) involve the following fields:
- Total synthesis of natural products of biological interest
- Design and synthesis of novel bioactive compounds
- Structural transformation to modify or enhance the biological activities of natural products
- Use of biocatalysis to generate derivatives from natural and synthetic substrates (Green Chemistry)
- Development of new organocatalysts and chiral auxiliaries for stereoselective synthesis (Green Chemistry)
- Synthesis of new polymers, surfactants, liquid crystals, biodiesels, and further products from abundant renewable raw materials—glycerol, cashew nut shell liquid (CNSL), vegetable oils, etc. (Green Chemistry)
- Synthesis of novel ozonides for pharmaceutical and veterinary use
- Use of natural and synthetic organic compounds in bioassays for investigation of antimicrobial, larvicidal, and antioxidant properties, as well as the ability to inhibit tyrosinase and acetylcholinesterase (AChE)
- Production of antibiotics by fermentation
- Search for new antimicrobials from fungi
Institute of Chemistry of the Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul
Av. Senador Filinto Müller, 1555 – Vila Ipiranga, CEP: 79074-460 – Campo Grande – MS, Brazil.
Phone: +55 67 3345 3578