Designed to meet the specific training needs of undergraduate and graduate students, the SINTMOL Lab (or just LP4) at the Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS) provides a facility for research on the synthesis of organic compounds with special properties.
Major investigations currently conducted at the SINTMOL Lab (LP4) involve the following fields:
- Total synthesis of natural products of biological interest.
- Design and synthesis of novel bioactive compounds.
- Structural transformation to modify or enhance the biological activities of natural products.
- Use of biocatalysis to generate derivatives from natural and synthetic substrates (Green Chemistry).
- Development of new organocatalysts and chiral auxiliaries for stereoselective synthesis (Green Chemistry).
- Synthesis of new polymers, surfactants, liquid crystals, biodiesels, and further products from abundant renewable raw materials—glycerol, cashew nut shell liquid (CNSL), vegetable oils, etc. (Green Chemistry).
- Synthesis of novel ozonides for pharmaceutical and veterinary use.
- Use of natural and synthetic organic compounds in bioassays for investigation of antimicrobial, larvicidal, and antioxidant properties, as well as the ability to inhibit tyrosinase and acetylcholinesterase (AChE).
Institute of Chemistry of the Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul
Av. Senador Filinto Müller, 1555 – Vila Ipiranga, CEP: 79074-460 – Campo Grande – MS, Brazil.
Phone: +55 67 3345 3578